> You might want to try setting the ColdFusion Application
> Server service to run under a user account as opposed to
> the local system account (default) in Win2k services,
> particularly if the file in question is on a mapped drive.
> Afaik the local system account has read-only permissions to
> the files on mapped drives.

By default, the local SYSTEM security context has no permissions to mapped
drives - not being a user, it doesn't recognize mappings, which are made
within the context of a specific user account. I believe there's a way
around this by creating the mapping persistently using a domain admin
account if that's an option, but I'd recommend avoiding the use of drive
mappings in favor of UNC paths. Of course, you'd still have to run the
service as a specific user with rights to the network resources in question.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444