Hi all,

Just passing along a couple of openings at my company.  I'm *not* involved
in the hiring process for these positions, so please follow the directions
below to apply.  Also, feel free to pass this along to friends and colleagues
who may be interested.  Thank you!

~Becky

**********************
Matrix is looking to hire two CF developers.

Please do not reply to this message.  We have an online application form

at:
http://www.matrixgroup.net/about/careers.cfm
-- this job will be posted on our site on Friday and you'll be able to

submit your resume
-- if you applied before, feel free to apply again
-- okay to forward to other lists
-- your resume will be reviewed faster if you use the online form -
promise!

*** Cold Fusion Developer ***

Matrix is looking for two experienced developers to join our services

group. You will work within a team environment to build custom web-based

database applications for Matrix clients. Client projects include:
content management systems, virtual trade shows, online conference
planners, real time e-commerce, industry portals/exchanges, online
registration, and membership directories.  This is a fast-turnaround

environment; typical projects range from two to six weeks in duration,

although there are opportunities to work on longer-term projects
connected to our growing software division.

Basic requirements for this position include:
*  Work with team members to help translate client needs into
design/application specifications
*  Work with design staff to develop detailed prototypes and web
interfaces for all applications
*  Work with database administrator to design, build and optimize SQL

Server databases
*  Work directly with clients to finalize application requirements
*  Create and maintain database-driven web applications
*  Integrate online applications with client back-end systems
*  Maintain internal web-based tools

Required technical proficiencies:
*  HTML
*  SQL/SQL Server
*  NT
*  Cold Fusion

If you know any of the following, that would be a plus:
*  JavaScript
*  ASP
*  JSP
*  Java
*  Linux/Unix
*  WDDX and XML
*  Python

General Business and Customer skills required:
*  Close attention to detail
*  Ability to effectively test and document your own work
*  Fabulous organizational and time-management skills, including ability

to estimate completion times for assigned tasks
*  Ability to juggle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines
*  Self-motivated and self-directed: We need people who will proactively

tackle challenges and can take a project from start to finish when
necessary
*  Great communication skills: both verbal and written (Developers often

respond directly to client requests, so the ability to correspond
professionally via email is *critical*)
*  Properly assess and service external client needs in a professional

and courteous manner
*  Anticipate customers' needs and communicate to Project Manager
*  Adapt well to frequent change

*** About Matrix Group International, Inc. ***

Matrix is a growing Web solutions provider in the Washington, DC area

located in Old Town Alexandria, VA.  We help companies do business
online by providing them with design, programming, hosting, ongoing
maintenance, and consulting services.  Our newest product, MatrixMaxx,

is Web-based association management software. About 80% of our clients

are non-profits and associations.

Matrix offers a fantastic mix of staff, clients, projects, and
technologies!  And there are plenty of opportunities to help shape the

future of the company.

Matrix benefits include competitive salary, stock options, profit
sharing, paid vacation, health insurance, parking, disability insurance,

life insurance, 401(k), hosting of your personal site, casual dress
policy, education benefits, book budget, staff members are encouraged

paint one wall in their office whatever color they want, and we have
pool table in our lobby.   We also have a part-time concierge who comes

to work on Wednesdays to run personal errands for staff.  We even allow

staff members to bring in their dogs to work (if the dogs behave).

Articles that have mentioned Matrix:

Matrix' CEO on Creating an Online Pressroom
http://www.asaenet.org/comm/article/0,,53315,00.html

Transcript of Matrix CEO July 2001 discussion on WashingtonJobs.com on

Executive Career Development
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/liveonline/01/washingtonjobs/jobslive071701.htm

Washington Business Journal on our fun office
http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2000/02/21/focus1.html

Washington Post article on our office environment
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37728-2000Jun11.html

Matrix' CEO on how .orgs can compete in a .com world
http://www.gwsae.org/executiveupdate/2000/May/SpecialSection.htm

Creating an Effective Logo, by Matrix CEO J. Pineda
http://www.asaenet.org/comm/article/0,,52580,00.html

More information on the company can be found at:
http://www.matrixgroup.net

TO APPLY:
Please visit us online at http://www.matrixgroup.net

Check out our Careers page at:
http://www.matrixgroup.net/about/careers.cfm

Please use the online form to submit your resume.  Your use of this form

allows us to track and share your application among hiring managers
within the company. In a pinch, you can also fax us your resume @ (703)

838-9799.  (hint:  your resume gets reviewed faster if you use the
online form)

--
Rebecca Brewer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - email