You can use the following approach:

1) use the ReReplace function to replace all CR or CFLF with a single space

2) use the ReReplace function to replace all occurrences of 2 or more
consecutive spaces with a single space

You now have a list of words with a single space as the delimiter...
you can use  any of the list functions or the CFLOOP tag specifying
space as the delimiter.

HTH

Dick