I don't have alot of experience with methodologies, but I came across the Spiral Model
not so long ago and have started to use it for any new projects. I found a diagram
explaining such in some CFUG PowerPoint presentation and recreated it from that - i'd
like to give credit where it's due, but can't seem to find that presentation now.

Search on Google if you'd like more in-depth coverage of this model. If you'd like to
see what i'm going off of, check the image located here. . . .

        http://lessons.ctaponline.org/images/methodology.png

--joe hobson