Dear friends,
I have a peculiar problem at hand. I tried searching the forums and this
news group but couldn't find it discussed. I do apologise if it has been
addressed before.

I have an app. where when a user logs in, it goes out and fetches user
preferences, news, weather etc.
Calls to news/weather are CFHTTP, and the intention is to send the
location_id of the user to the weather module and it sends the weather based
on that id. When the user logs in, the app sets client vars including that
of location etc so they are available for that client.
Now when I fetch the weather, the template that processes weather gives an
error saying client.location_id does not exist. I also tried with session
variables, still it didn't work.
Since both the calling templates and the called templates reside on the same
server, I then tried calling it by the CFINCLUDE tag, which then
understandably remembers the client and session variables. However the
problem with cfinclude is that I can't resolve the links within the called
template accurately and they get all messed up.
Another thing I tried is to send the client vars thru the URL( the urls are
stored in a database) e.g. <cfhttp method=get url=#object_url#> where
object_url comes from the database and is of the form
http://blah.com/weather.cfm?location_id=#client.location_id#>. Problem with
this is that the url parameter that I m trying to send doesn't get
processed. Aghhhhh! and it just writes the word "client.location_id" as a
text string.

I would really appreciate any help. Preferably I'd like to use the cfhttp
method and somehow be able to send parameters with it.

Thanks
Hassan