> I went over the install and INI files over and over but I still find K2 to
be as slow as VDK.
> It's taking 5 seconds to return results from 1 collection.
>

> We have 72 collections running. The k2 Service is using about 149M.
>
> The box is a dual PIII 1G with 1G RAM.
>

> Any Ideas?

What's the performance like if you only have the one collection on the
server instead of 72??

It may be that you're over stressing the cut down version of verity too much
with that number of collections and the number of records in each of those
collections.  If you find that you get a rapid response when you only have
one collection, then it looks like you could do with a stand-alone server,
probably with a full version of verity installed on it, to handle that
quantity of collections and records.

Stephen