From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 7:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Need help with update on two different tables

> Here's the code for the cfselect.

>     query="GetPersonnelInfo"
> value="Gender" selected="Gender">
> <option value="M">M

My first instinct is to close the option tags... so <option
value="M">M</option> ... If that doesn't work, I'd start to think it's a bug
because I don't see any other problems with the <cfselect> tag syntax... I'm
not sure why there's a query attribute tho, since your only options are both
provided manually and not by the query ( as is normal for cfselect ), so you
might want to remove that also... and if you want to make sure the people
entering the data don't make some women men, you might also want to add
<option value=""></option> above the M option...

hth

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046