I configured a data source, and can now query any csv file I drop into a
directory.  The only issue I am having, is that sometimes, a "text" column
only has numeric data.  The driver assumes that since the column only
contains numeric data, that the column is numeric.  So, any reference to
this column as a string (ie DESCRIPTION NE '') fails on a datatype error.

Does anyone know how to tell CF/Merant ODBC Text driver that this column is
a text column?

TIA,
Steve Monaghan

-------------------------------------
Steven Monaghan
Oracle DBA / Cold Fusion Developer
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
http://www.mscdirect.com

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from
disclosure under law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others.
Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by
replying to the e-mail.  Please then delete the e-mail and destroy any
copies of it.  Thank you.