From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 1:10 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: programmer vs. developer

I think you're selling short the value of a CS background. Sure, there are
lots of people with CS degrees who lack problem-solving skills. There are
incompetents in every field, except for those fields in which incompetence
is weeded out automatically (incompetent soldiers being more likely to die
in combat, for example). That's not much of an argument against the value of
a CS degree, though.