Nothing about this sounds particularly odd or undoable...

I would recommend taking a gander at sql GROUP BY clause and <cfoutput>
group="attribute" ... You might be able to accomplish the whole thing simply
by using grouped output with your cfoutput tags. :) After all, it was
intended for just this sort of thing. :)

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046