No need to go to this extent ... there's a custom tag on the devex called
TwoSelectsRelated that does it without a round trip ... Or you can write it
yourself in JS with grouped output... You just have to make sure that you
have all the data on the form page, which of course has the potential to
slow the page down considerably, dependant upon how much data is being
returned. In most cases it's not enough to create a significant problem tho.

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046