From: Candace Cottrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 11:18 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Auto form submission

Is there a way a form can be submitted withoutthe user having to click a
sumbit button? (automatically)

Here's the scenario:

I have a multi-part form that uses the Forta tag cf_embedfields.  On the
first page of the form, the user select an image type. This can be an
linked image, an uploaded image or no image. This and other form data is
posted to the next page.

On page 2, if the user selected an upload, I have them upload an image
and click a "Next" button.

If they selected a link, they paste a link into a textbox and click the
"Next" button.

However, my problem is if they selected "None", I dont want them to have
to go through this process of clicking the button. I want the form to
auto-submit a hidden field with the value "none" and continue the form
filling process.

I've thought of cflocation and cfheader, but these wont submit the form
to an action page and, therefore, embed the field on pages 1 and 2.

Does this make any sense and can it be done?

Thanks in advance :)

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza