The mail server name had to be changed and since that time SOME of our email
is getting an error.  I say SOME because when we create the order from
inside the company the confirming email response goes through fine but when
someone creates an order outside the company the confirming email response
errors on our side with a message: Delivery failed 20 attempts:.

CF Administrator is set using the IP address so the name change did not
cause a problem there.  If the CF administrator is set to an IP address then
as far as I know this is a server issue not a coding or CF issue????  Am I
right and if so, does anyone have any ideas they can share about where to
look for the problem.

Thanks