From: Jerry Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 1:00 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: OT: CF-related software wish list

As a standard set of development tools, I always include Winzip, NAV, a
binary editor (UltraEdit), a screen capture utility (html2jpg), a
graphics package (Fireworks or Photoshop), a flowcharting tool (Visio
works fine), a standard office suite, a link checker (Linkbot), an FTP
program (FTP Voyager), if I am lucky, a UNIX shell (MKS), pdf tools
(Acrobat, Ghostscript). Java compiler and editor (to avoid a religious
war, I won;t recommend one :). Lately an XML editor (XML Spy).

On top of that, any code you can buy or steal will do you well.

As for specifically CF stuff:
I've got the SiteObjects HTML editor and love it.
The iMS system looks great (although we rolled our own, here).
PDF conversion tools can always find a use.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/04/02 12:21PM >>>
Hi, everyone.  My manager has asked me to put together a list of
potential
software purchases for the next year.  I am a rather new ColdFusion
developer, so I don't really know much in terms of CF-related software.
So
far, I have only come up with Visual SourceSafe and some sort of
HTMLEditing
CF tag.  Are there other pieces of software that I should evaluate?
Anything that you all find indispensable, that aids in coding, etc.?

Thanks,
Matthieu