On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 08:40 , Brook Davies wrote:
> I have a CFC, and I have been watching the time it takes to invoke it and
> process it. It seems a little strange. I have the code wrapped in a timer
> and I am outputting the processing time. Inside the CFC from top to bottom
> the total time is 0-10 milliseconds. The timer that is wrapped around the
> <cfinvoke> portion on the calling template reports between 40-100
> milliseconds.

If you are only doing one iteration, the getTickCount() will not be very
accurate - it will show only 0 or 10 (usually). You need to do lots of
iterations to get an accurate value.

But I'm still puzzled by your apparent results - as always, post the code
please so we can see what you are doing!

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood