> Are there any packages out there that are better than
> Quilldesign's Site Director or Able Commerce?

> I'm just gathering opinions.

I'm assuming you mean for a shopping cart? I believe both of them have a
certain amount of content management functionality, although I don't really
see either of them as full-fledged cms. I've recently been thinking about a
joint venture with Able Commerce, although I haven't presented them with the
proposal yet.

It's probably not quite what you have in mind, but if you're not looking
specifically for a shopping cart ( or you're willing to do some
customization to get there ), you can take a look at Tapestry on my site.
It's liable to give you more robust control over the site layout and
formatting ( and it separates content from format, including elements such
as html tables, etc. which can not be adequately substituted with css in
most cases ), although there isn't a shopping cart add-on component yet. The
current version priced somewhere between SiteDirector and ABC.

I plan to develop a shopping cart for Tapestry (or have one developed),
although I don't have any time frames yet. At the moment I'm working on a
new release of the core application to better support CF MX, make some minor
improvements to the existing features ( easier installation, more gracefull
error messages, cleaning up a couple bottlenecks ), and hopefully support
Linux, Solaris and Oracle -- this last likely being the largest hurdle.
Again, no timeframe yet, I'm still too early in the development cycle to
provide a realistic projection.

Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046