Is there anyone out there that's built reliable login/logout functionality
into their site? Something that works on ALL browser combinations?

This is what we're doing...
Client vars stored in a DB
Using the usual code to kill a session on close of the browser
CFMX, SQL Server 7
Testing on most combinations of browser.

Trying to figure out what's going wrong wouldn't be so bad if we could just
have some consistency in the way it's going wrong. We have...
Logging in on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th try instead of the 1st
Not able to log out, trying both reseting the client vars back to their
original state and deleting them altogether
Having to change a cflocation to a window.location to get it to log in on
IE5 (don't ask)

I've just said to the guy I'm building it with, "shall we pass cfid and
cftoken in all the links and redirects, see if that cures it". What does
everyone else think. It's not the easiest thing to debug something that you
can't reliably replicate :O(

Adrian Lynch
Thoughtbubble Ltd
----------------------
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
Ph: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) . Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0) 20 7387 8890