> Most folks don't have those "big pipes." A lot of folks would
> probably try anyhow, and it woudln't turn out to be a good
> experience for most of them.
>
> 602mb just isn't a good candidate for online sales, I think
> we'd just be begging for problems.

I don't see why this would be a real problem. People download things like
that all the time:

- MSDN (complete debug copies of Windows, etc)
- Oracle Technet (Oracle 9i for Windows is 4 CDs!)
- your Linux distro of choice

I think people usually know what they can or can't successfully download,
and giving them that choice doesn't hurt - you could ship the CD as well,
but let registered purchasers try their luck at the download (this is pretty
common, I think). One thing about MSDN that's nice is that they have they're
own download manager, which makes the process work pretty well.

> But I'm certainly taking note of the requests for it, and
> passing that feedback along!

Please put my name into the "request" column.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444