I'm posting this here because I haven't had a response on the Macromedia
CF Security Forum.

I'd like to submit the bug to Macromedia...  anybody got that URL handy?

Found two now! :)

Hi all

While attempting to use the new CF security architecture in our
pre-existing web application (such as the security architecture is; the
only attraction for me right now is the CFC security), I've uncovered a
seeming bug in the CFLOGNUSER tag.

Specifically, when invoked, I have to treat any numeric values with a
ToString().

That's awfully Java-esque for an un-typed language like CF, is it not?

To test yourself, try the following:

[cflogin]
  [cfloginuser name="HowdyDoody" password="xxxxx" roles="1"]
[/cflogin]

..this should throw one of those bizarro-NEO errors which we love so
much, complaining about "null null" summat.

Then try:

[cflogin]
  [cfloginuser name="HowdyDoody" password="xxxxx" roles="#ToString(1)#"]
[/cflogin]

..and that works just fine.

How much of an afterthought was this security architecture, Macromedia?

--
Kreig Zimmerman : Chief Information Architect : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Four Eyes Productions : Brooklyn, NY