On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 08:41 , Ilyinsky, Igor wrote:
>> You can start and stop CFMX independent of the underlying app server
>> (JRun).
> Actually Sean,
> You can't. Since CFMX is an application (not a service or process) it can
> not be cycled.

Well, the ColdFusion MX application seems to set up as an MBean 'service'
which can certainly be stopped independently of JRun using the JMX
interface. I haven't tried pressing all the buttons but JMX lets you stop
services individually. Curiosity overwhelmed me - stopping that service
alone is not sufficient to disable CF... I'm sure if you click enough
buttons you *can* stop and start CF without adversely affecting the
underlying JRun system...

Enable the HttpAdaptor on port 8082 by uncommenting the relevant lines in
jrun.xml (I think). Then access http://127.0.0.1:8082/ and go exploring...
Very interesting stuff! Caveat: if you break your system by doing this,
don't blame me... the JMX interface is powerful!

-- Margaret Atwood