If the majority of the program I ran wasn't windows based, I'd run
redhat linux.  Dick, I think you're going about this the wrong way tho.
OSX shows a lot of promise from what I've seen (despite that it's a day
and a dollar too late).  Hell, I'm jealous of OSX that it runs on top of a
stable platform like BSD.  There is nothing inheritantly wrong with OSX
and the MyOS is better than YourOS is always going to be a heated
discussion.  I'd seriously invest in another layer of humor and thick
skin and not worry about it so much.

If you really want to make everyone happy on the list (opposed to
yourself) then... get a wintel or redhat box for the purpose of a
development server.  I don't think you realized the can of worms you
opened on yourself when you ported CFMX to OSX. ;)

~Todd