A while ago, someone posted this hint:

If you send a URL in an email, you can avoid it being broken into
segments by line-wrapping.  Just include the URL within < and >
characters , for example:
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/util/
Enumeration.html#method_summary>.

Most email clients will treat the information within < and> as on
continuous double-clickable, string.

Don't use parenthesis (or any other characters), as they get included
with the URL!

Try it, it works-- and makes life easier for the recipients.

HTH

Dick