I know this is going to sound like I am Satan's helper, but think of who you
are dealing with Bob.  You are trying to get results from a company that
instead of innovating and keeping thier browsers (both inherent aol and
netscape) updated, they decided to sue microsoft .  The same attitude that
allowed IE to surpass netscape seems alive and well in alot of other areas
of AOL.  Last year I started the process to buy the music realistate and
found them technologically sluggish.  There have to be hundreds of asp, c,
java and perl developers working there that do not want to or do not have
the time to learn a new skill set.

CF may be old for us, but its new to them.  They are going through massive
re-structuring and other app server communities like Broadvision et al want
their attention also.  So, I doubt you are going to see much change from
them for some time to come.

AOL is a huge corporation and I have not seen innovation there since AIM.
Who knows, maybe the change to not caching cfm pages would take hunders of
man hours in assembly code on their double top secret proprietary servers.

I suppose when you add pioneers like Ted Turner and WEA's Roger Aames to the
mix, progression will eventually come.

On the bright side of things, China and North Korea look like PC, non-AOL
markets to me.