Yes, this particular module is a custom tag which wraps around the <cffile>
tag in order to encapsulate some additional file-upload functionality in
this application, so filefield="#attributes.filefield#" is passing the name
of the form field containing the file from the calling document. That works
-- and the file _does_ upload, and it _does_ create the variable
#cffile.filewasuploaded# which evaluates to true ... but at that point, even
though <cfif cffile.filewasuploaded> works, no attempt to manipulate a
structure named <cffile> has been successful -- they've all met with
"unknown variable 'cffile' ... "

Isaac
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046