From: Scott Brady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 10:23 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Log reporting error - No actual error

Here's the basic code (with layout and such trimmed out):

The form:
<form action="ordercredit.cfm" method="POST"  onsubmit="return
numCheck(this)">
size="20" maxlength="25"></td>
<input type="Submit" value="   Next   ">

</form>

[I just noticed the missing closing table tag in that cell.  I'm closing it
now, but I can't believe that's the problem]

The action page is fairly simple.  I can
<cfoutput>#FORM.firstname#</cfoutput> and it outputs fine and it inserts
into the database fine.  But, cferror is triggered and sends an e-mail
saying that FORM.firstname doesn't exist.  And, again, cfparam-ing it just
causes an empty string to go into the database [without cfparam, the
submitted form field goes into the database].

Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/