Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions on what to look for
in troubleshooting why my MX server freezes up each day.  (Win 2K, 1 GB
RAM, tons of free HD space - a brand new system.)

It's a dedicated server, only this one application running.

It is a kind of Enterprise monitoring system.  Ten templates each
contain various tests, like HTTP requests, directory counts, etc.  The
results of each test are saved to a large 2-d Application.array.  The
results are also appended to a log file.

All templates are scheduled tasks which run every five minutes, rarely
simultaneously as their schedules are offset by a minute.

Users request another template which just loops through that
Application.array to output all the test results in one place.  This
page also has javascript to refresh every 4 minutes.

Not using CFAdmin scheduler because too unstable.  Instead, Windows 2000
Scheduled tasks HTTP requests all templates through Netscape (because
Netscape permits Javascript to close window on pageload).

No datasources - all just Application variables and reading and writing
to files.

Very little traffic - less than an average of 5 requests a minute.

There are a couple client variables to toggle alarm on and off and other
preferences.  No session variables.

Whole system works great but just freezes up an average of once every
other day (never at the same time) - Restarting the MX server is all I
can do.

I am not locking Application variables because I thought it was
unnecessary in MX.

The only thing I can think of is that every once in a while, two
templates just happen to append to the same log file at the same time?
Or maybe you do have to lock Application variables?

I know there are probably a million things to look at - perhaps someone
could direct me to some good documentation on the subject?  I've looked
everywhere I can think of...

Thank you so much for any help anyone can provide!

-Jason