Thanks Dave and Rick for the responses.

I am a bit hesitant to switch to an OS that I know very little about
(Linux) and make myself responsible for administering it. Otherwise, the
boss could administer it, but he's so swamped himself that I hat the
thought of having to go to him anytime I need to add a DSN.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/18/2002 12:45:07 PM >>>
> The boss wants to know what the advantages are for running
> CFMX on Win2K vs. Linux and vise-versa.

The advantages of running CF MX on Windows are that, if you're
comfortable
using and managing Windows, you can easily deploy CF MX applications.
The
advantages of running CF MX on Linux are that, if you're comfortable
using
and managing Linux, you can easily deploy CF MX applications.

There are some people who will say that CF MX applications are faster
on
Linux, but I'm not convinced that they're faster to the degree that
you'd be
well served to switch platforms just for that reason.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444

::::::::::::: dream :: design :: develop :::::::::::::
MXDC 02 :: Join us at this all day conference for
designers & developers to learn tips, tricks, best
practices and more for the entire Macromedia MX suite.

September 28, 2002  ::  http://www.mxdc02.com/
(Register today, seats are limited!)