I am probably OT here, but I see so many people using UUID's when
simpler normal numeric keys are better... a classic example for me is
article id's... look at cfcomet for example... the article ids aren't
user friendly, it reminds me of good old lotus notes and we all know how
short urls are better than long one ( email wrapping for example )

not to mention that your database and CF load is much higher using  long
text pk's than with nice short numeric keys and your page size is
increased a lot too..

just letting off steam..... don't want to create a flame war or anything