We need to synch a db that drives a web site to the master on our
clients LAN. Because of licensing concerns, the two DB can't talk
directly to each other, and it has been decided that an intermediary is
called for. So I need to:

1. Copy a few tables and query another(for all columns except one
containing binary data) to the intermediary DB.

2. Send those tables to replace those on the website(the server DB also
contains some tables that will not be updated in this process).

Since their traffic is very light(maybe a sale or addition a week on
average) eveyone agrees that weekly synchs are sufficient.

What we've done during the development phase is to take a DUMP file from
their daily backups, restore it on out server, and then use DTS to ship
it up to the server. This works, but we'd like to automate the process.
What's the best and/or easiest way? We're obviously not SQL server gurus
but would like to learn more.

TIA,

Doug Jordon