>>>white with the normal border
> What does this mean? You can use CSS to change some things.

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Rick Faircloth wrote:

>> A little OT, but a quick one...
>>
>> Can form fields be made to look differently
>> or are we stuck with the typical looking fields...
>> white with the normal border?

CSS can be used to change an awful lot assuming the browser is capable of
supporting the CSS ... Netscape 4.x doesn't support most style elements on
form fields, and unfortunately, doesn't ignore them gracefully either.
Instead, in NS 4.x if the browser doesn't understand a particular style
element for a form field, it spits out a bunch of small box characters (
which usually indicate a font is missing character in character set ? ) and
generally destroys the entire page. If you want to provide the extra style
for ie only and allow the site to remain gracefull in other browsers, I'm
told you can use an IE <?import> tag to include the extra css -- which is
gracefully ignored by NS4.x

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/pi/import.asp

S. Isaac Dealey
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

www.turnkey.to
954-776-0046