HELP PLEASE!   ;-)

I am having a problem with CFHTTP.  Basically, I have one file (test.cfm)
that does a CFHTTP (with one CFHTTPPARAM of type FORMFIELD) to a second file
(test_target.cfm).

If the test_target.cfm file is in a publicly accessible directory, it works
just fine.

If the test_target.cfm is in a password protected directory, it duplicates
the formfield params, which of course causes me problems.  We could
workaround it, but I am really hoping that this is a known issue that has a
fix.

Anyone have a clue?  I searched the Forums and found nothing.  Here are the
details:

CF Server 4.5.1 running on NT SP5 and IIS 4.
The private directory is set for Basic Authentication only (using NT
accounts).

test_target.cfm - just prints the field names out with their values it is in
both the public and private directories for testing purposes.
-------------------------
<cfoutput>
     <cfloop list="#form.fieldnames#" index="ii">
           #ii# : #evaluate('form.#ii#')#<br>
     </cfloop>
</cfoutput>

test.cfm - public version - source - works
-------------------------
<cfhttp url="http://whatever/public/test_target.cfm" method="POST"
port="80">
     <cfhttpparam type="FORMFIELD" name="myfield" value="myvalue">
</cfhttp>
<cfoutput>#CFHTTP.fileContent#</cfoutput>

test.cfm - public version - results
-------------------------
MYFIELD : myvalue

test.cfm - private version - source - returns duplicate fields and values,
have also performed the same test with the target file as an asp file, same
result.  It seems to be sending the parameters twice.
-------------------------
<cfhttp url="http://whatever/private/test_target.cfm" method="POST"
port="80" username="whatever" password="whatever">
     <cfhttpparam type="FORMFIELD" name="myfield" value="myvalue">
</cfhttp>
<cfoutput>#CFHTTP.fileContent#</cfoutput>

test.cfm - private version - results
MYFIELD : myvalue,myvalue
MYFIELD : myvalue,myvalue

Bruce A. Kibbey, USI