Alex Hubner wrote:
>>I should have been more specific. SQL is case sensitive if
>>the collation
>>  is case sensitive, which I believe to be the case for ColdFusion
>>(although not explicitly defined).
>>In that light, it is not a bug to be fixed.
>
> Jochem, I agreee that this is not a bug, but at least a dubious
> behaviour, don't you think?

No.

> If CF follow the rules from a specific database (collation settings,
> specific sintax usage, case insensitive or sensitive, etc) it should do
> (as a natural consequence) the same in a query of query's, isn't?

OK, I see what you are getting at.

Yes, if you think that CF is just an extension of the dbms it should
behave the same (I am not even going to touch the feasibility of that).
However, if you think CF is a (somewhat feature impaired) dbms by
itself, with the queries from the actual dbms as the base tables and the
QofQ's as derived tables the current behaviour is most logic. Something
like MySQL, which has one set of SQL features (QofQ in CF), but can have
multiple different storage systems (actual databases in CF).

I think you know what my opinion is :)

Jochem