I agree that empirical testing is the way to go, but I disagree with
your "must lock memory variables" rule. There are many applications that
can avoid the use of cflock even in pre-MX days. IMHO, adding additional
overhead when none is needed is foolish.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/