On Monday, September 23, 2002, at 02:22 PM, Alexander Sherwood wrote:

> Am I correct to assume that all processing for a UDF stops if an error
> is
> thrown with CFTHROW? Meaning that the CFRETURN statement is not needed?

That is my understanding, as well. The message is thrown (or mebe
delivered) to where-ever it can next be 'caught' and handled... if that
is the CFServer itself all script interpretation stops unless there is
an error handler. If it is some catch tag you coded higher up, then
processing will continue in that tag then continue after the parent
<cftry> tag....

> What about an error that is caught within a CFCATCH bloc?.  Am I
> correct in
> assuming that, unless I throw a custom error, I must return something
> from
> the function?

You don't *have* to return anything unless the CFC is accessed as a web
service. But, if you are asking if processing still continues, then yes
after the <cftry> tag which is the <cfcatch> tag's parent tag.

Jon Gorrono (Gorro&ntilde;o)            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Programmer                              1400-M Surge II
Mediaworks                              UC Davis
A Department of IET                     Davis, CA   95616
University of California at Davis       (530)752-0218;FAX-4655
Alerts: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       CELL/PAGE:(530)219-1624
Owner:Digital Video Discussion List  -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]