I've always developed code by editing files directly on my development
server and using the development server to test before deployment.

I'm going to begin editing and testing code locally using the built in
web server in MX, so that the development machine can become more of a
staging machine, but I wonder how you all handle the fact that the
standalone server can only host one app at a time? I often switch
between projects throughout the day and it seems like moving files in
and out of the wwwroot folder depending on what project I'm working on
is a kludgey solution.

How do you all overcome this situation? I would like to avoid using
sub-directories because of absolute paths and such.

Thanks.