Instead of an isapi dll, why not do it with a com object created in vfp6? I haven't
tried this, but you should be able to use cfobject to create the com object and pack
the files.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/20/00 01:47AM >>>

I came up against the problem of Packing a Foxpro database some weeks ago.
It's not possible to do this using ODBC.

A programmer working with me tell's me it's possible to do this from Delphi.
I'm not sure whether it's possible to do this using D5 and ADO or whether it
requires D4 using the Borland Database engine (BDE).

The Delphi 4/BDE approach wouldn't be so attractive as it would involve
installing more software on the server.

A medium/long term project of mine would be to write an ISAPI DLL which
takes a table name as a parameter and PACK's the table. The DLL could then
be invoked from a CF page which could be scheduled to run on a Sunday night.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paige Chandler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

Keep in mind that although Howie's advice may suffice because the deleted
records will not appear, they will still be present in the data table. The
FoxPro "Pack" command performs the following which of course can be
replicated: Copy to FileName for Not Deleted(), Rename OldFile, Rename
Newfile. Of course you would be advised to verify that the copy was
successful.