Why not negate letters and numbers (rather that listing those you can;t have, list
only those you can)

[^[:alnum:]]

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/25/02 12:17PM >>>
Looking in the books, PUNCT doesn't seem to include double or single quotes.
Is there one that includes ALL non letters or numbers?

I have a form that needs the user can only put letters and numbers in. I've
started using RegExs over other ways of checking the field, I thought punct
covered all bases. Am I wrong, is there something out there that does?

Adrian Lynch
Thoughtbubble Ltd
----------------------
United Kingdom
http://www.thoughtbubble.net
Ph: +44 (0) 20 7387 8890
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) . Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Thoughtbubble. This information may be
subject to legal, professional or other privilege and further distribution
of it is strictly prohibited without our authority. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message. Please notify us on +44 (0) 20 7387 8890