Jason:

In addition to the #coldfusion channels in the various IRC networks that
have already been discussed, there is also the alt.comp.lang.coldfusion
newsgroup, as well as the forums on MM's site.

I do like the 'instant gratification' that IRC gives, but it's also good to
know of the other resources as well :)

charlie