From: Pete Freitag [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 September 2002 16:39
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Java custom tag

You might get a better error message if you do something like this...

try {
        response.setVariable( xmlResponse, answer.toString());
}
catch(Exception e) {
        response.write(e.getMessage());
}

just add that for debugging, then take it out.

my guess would be that xmlResponse is not a string, or is null, or is not a
valid variable name (has a space in it) or that answer.toString() is null.

Pete Freitag
CTO, CFDEV.COM
http://www.cfdev.com/