DateDiff() by itself is not enough.  It can tell you the difference in days
OR hours OR ..., but not all combined.  The following (untested) code should
do what you want.  My apologies if it doesn't 8^).

<!--- Get difference in seconds --->
<CFSET diffSeconds = DateDiff("s", start, end)>

<!--- Initialize display vars --->
<CFSET dspDays = 0>
<CFSET dspHours = 0>
<CFSET dspMinutes = 0>
<CFSET dspSeconds = 0>

<!--- Get the number of days and subtract them from diffSeconds --->
<CFSET secondsInDay = 60 * 60 * 24>
<CFIF diffSeconds LTE secondsInDay>
        <CFSET dspDays = diffSeconds MOD secondsInDay>
        <CFSET diffSeconds = diffSeconds - (secondsInDay * dspDays)>
</CFIF>

<!--- Get the number of hours and subtract them from diffSeconds --->
<CFSET secondsInHour = 60 * 60>
<CFIF diffSeconds LTE secondsInHour>
        <CFSET dspHours = diffSeconds MOD secondsInHour>
        <CFSET diffSeconds = diffSeconds - (secondsInHour * dspHours)>
</CFIF>

<!--- Get the number of minutes and subtract them from diffSeconds --->
<CFSET secondsInMinute = 60>
<CFIF diffSeconds LTE secondsInMinute>
        <CFSET dspMinutes = diffSeconds MOD secondsInMinute>
        <CFSET diffSeconds = diffSeconds - (secondsInMinute * dspMinutes)>
</CFIF>

<!--- Get number of seconds --->
<CFSET dspSeconds = diffSeconds>

<!--- Display in day:hour:minute:second format --->
<CFOUTPUT>
        #dspDays#:#dspHours#:#dspMinutes#:#dspSeconds#
</CFOUTPUT>

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC