Thanks for suggestion

We are trying it but must be missing something.

If we log in on the portal server itself, the cookie values can be accesses
and viewed, so they seem to be being set.

but when we log on at a workstation the cookies  don't seem to being set or
are disappearing between pages.

being set on log in page
<CFCOOKIE name="userid"   value="1">

on next page just simply trying to output it.

<CFOUTPUT>
#cookie.userid#
</CFOUTPUT>

outputs find on server, but not on client.

what are we missing?

Thanks
Rodney