Hi, I'm trying to find some good reference material for working with text
within a text area.  My specific questions are related to using this tag in
a web based message center atmosphere:

- how do I throw a few page breaks in there on a reply to give room to type
without having to make the user hit enter a few times to make room?  I tried
using <br> and Chr(13) and I only see the tags in there and not what they're
supposed to be doing.

- how can I set a > as a precursor to each line in the reply?  Dammit - I
know this one is easy but I'm dumb today.

- What are the various wrap=virtual; wrap=soft attributes and how do they
affect the actual text - I can't seem to find any difference.  Hotmail uses
soft, so I'm being a big follower right now.

- How can I filter out the display of cftags or any other unwanted
html/javascript for any malicious users out there that want to try to get
funny?  Whether I send the email using cfmail as type="html", or no type
(which is plain text) - a <cfoutput>hello</cfoutput> still displays "hello"
when i am reading the email through the message center (this is no good).
Seems as if hotmail uses a javascript filter function, anyone know how I can
copy that?  Otherwise I would probably need to set a list of unwanted tags
as a variable in cf and then run the body of the message through a replace
loop - am I getting warm?  Hope somebody has a more efficient solution.

- What's the easiest method of preserving the formatted text on a reply in
the <textarea>.  It seems as if there is always a little bug no matter how I
do it. (sorry to be unspecific)

I don't expect anyone to take time out of their work to answer all of these,
but if you can point me to a good reference that discusses the "art of
formatting the damn text right" or even answer one of these - it would help
me out a lot seeing as I'm the developer/dba/MIS monkey/tech support/network
admin/ and any thing else you can think of that takes more than half of a
brain - I have little time to focus on such intricacies - hence, I figured I
would shoot a little email on over to you cf junkies.  (sorry, I'm
frustrated - hope this post doesn't seem overly desperate or long but I
might as well get all of them out of the way instead of spamming the list.)