On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 09:38  PM, Dick Applebaum wrote:

> The tcip is installed.
>
> I get an error on startup saying that a service wasn't started -- event
> shows the adapter that uses TCP/IP didn't have a valid device --
>
> I guess I have some digging to do -- Thanks to you and Sean, I am at
> least digging in the right sandbox(es).

Dick,

Not sure what version of VPC you are running. I am running 5.0.4. You
need to make sure the WinNT Virtual machine Settings (Select your VM in
the VM List and then press Apple-T) has networking enabled, and I
believe you will need to be using the "Virtual Switch" option. This
gives the virtual machine a unique IP address as opposed to sharing
your Mac IP. Then you should be able to reboot the NT VM, do the
ipconfig thing and get the valid IP address.

Again, I can't replicate your exact situation, so I'm mainly
hypothesizing.

I hope your running a beefier TiBook than the one I have!