WESTMINSTER CITY COUNCIL
Please refer to the disclaimer beneath this message

Hi Denna,

I tried your idea, and it still didn't work. I am trying to pass a link's
(URL's) display name, which is "What's New" so I used your idea like this:

 <cfset LoopDisplayName = "#FormDisplayname[UpdateLoopIdx]#">

      <cfquery name="UpdateLinks" datasource="CommonSpot-Wire">
        UPDATE CouncilEmployeeLinks
        SET   UserID          = '#session.CORNTAccount#',
              link_type       = '#FormLinkType[UpdateLoopIdx]#',
              link_address    = '#FormLinkAddress[UpdateLoopIdx]#',
              display_name    = '#PreserveSingleQuotes(What's New)#',
              myLinks_section = '#Evaluate("form.linkSection" &
UpdateLoopIdx)#',
              date_added      = '#DateFormat(Now(),"dd/mm/yyyy")#'
        WHERE ID = '#FormLinkID[UpdateLoopIdx]#'
      </cfquery>

but it still fails on the updating of the display name.  I tried hard coding
the "What's New" to see if that was definately the problem.  It looks as
though PreseveSingleQuotes is not preventing CF from escaping the single
quotes.

Any ideas?