Personally, I think that once this new paradigm of Flash Remoting
is known by the person with enough vision and skills, new interface tools
will
be created that will do what Flash does in DB connectivity without
the baggage that Flash brings from its beginning as a complicated
and work-intensive graphics tool.

The tool that dumps that complex, heavy Flash animation
baggage and allows "adequate" graphic design,
but continues to develop "one-page" browser-based, Internet-enabled
DB-connected app development will win the day and the dollars.

Believe me, I believe in good graphic design...I do graphic design work
for print, web, and video every day.  With print and video, which lack
interactivity, presentation is very important to success.  Graphic design
can make or break a successful video presentation.  But when it comes to the
Internet,
the functionality is what's far more critical.  (Just take a look at many of
the
most successful sites on the Internet and it's amazing how little effort
is obviously put into the design...but the functionality make it
successful.)

If another tool came along that would do what Flash Remoting enables,
without the complicated Flash interface, I jump all over it...but really,
for me,
it's not the Flash interface that's the trouble, as a timeline based video
editor,
it makes sense to me.  Even MM's attempt to get coders to think of the
frames as "states" makes sense.  Creating graphics with Flash is simple...
It's just the AS that I haven't found training wheels for, yet.

Rick