From: Ben Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 11:47 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Flash for data views

All,
        I've been doing Flash apps for a while now and I wanted to put
in a couple cents to this thread about my experience.  I would like to
agree with Ray and Mike on a lot of their points.  Flash does not
necessarily equal more time.  It has a learning curve no doubt, but so
does HTML/CFML.  If you were a Visual Basic programmer, you might say
"why should I build this application in ColdFusion when it would take me
half the time in Visual Basic?"  We do Flash MX applications exclusively
at my company and our project bids are not higher than the HTML
equivalent and we usually offer more because the Flash interface simply
offers more than HTML/DHTML ever could.

..

Ben Johnson
Information Architect