Would something quick and dirty like this work for you?

<cfquery name="GetMasterID" datasource="master_data">
    update MasterTable
    set masterID = ''
    where  SignUpDate = #SignUpDate#
</cfquery>

or do you want to delete the entire row?

<cfquery name="GetMasterID" datasource="master_data">
    delete from MasterTable