At 12:48 PM 9/30/02 -0400, S. Isaac Dealey wrote:

>you could also use parseInt(string) or parseFloat(string) although if it
>doesn't find an integer or a string at the beginning of the string it will
>return "NaN" rather than "". Also if there are non-numeric values on the end
>of the string it will remove them.

Ok, I got my two fields to add up and display in another field with this:

onchange="window.document.ExpenseForm.TotalAmount#Line#.value=parseFloat(window.document.ExpenseForm.Mileage#Line#.value)+parseFloat(window.document.ExpenseForm.CostOfMeals#Line#.value);addTotals();"

Now I'm trying to add up all the TotalAmounts and put it at the bottom of
the form.  I need to loop through the entire list from 1 to #list# on each
onChange and update the GrandTotal.  I can't figure out how to loop in
Javascript and hand it a dynamic variable name.  I tried this:

<SCRIPT language="Javascript">
         function addTotals()
                 {
                 i = 0
                 while (i <= #GetFormInfo.RecordCount#)
                         {

window.document.ExpenseForm.GrandTotalAmount.value=parseFloat(window.document.ExpenseForm.GrandTotalAmount.value)+parseFloat(eval("window.document.ExpenseForm.TotalAmount"+i+".value"));
                         i++
                         }
                 }
</SCRIPT>

But it doesn't work doesn't appear to go through each variable name.  How
would I do this?