Is it possible that the server I am hosting my site on doesn't have the csv mime type registered? It's the one thing I haven't tried yet.
BTW the computer I am on is CF5 Win2K IIS -----Original Message----- From: Bryan F. Hogan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 3:29 PM To: CF-Talk Subject: RE: MIME type question -- SOLVED If this worked "application/octet-stream" that means that Cold Fusion is not correctly recognizing the CSV files doc type. I think that "application/octet-stream" is for unknown mimes. Would this be a bug in MX? ============================================ Bryan F. Hogan Director of Internet Development Macromedia Certified ColdFusion MX Developer Digital Bay Media, Inc. 1-877-72DIGITAL ============================================ -----Original Message----- From: Brian Ferrigno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 3:13 PM To: CF-Talk Subject: RE: MIME type question -- SOLVED Thank you Dan!!! application/octet-stream works perfectly. Solution to upload a csv file <cffile action="UPLOAD" filefield="File2Upload" destination="#FORM.UploadFolder#" nameconflict="MAKEUNIQUE" accept="application/octet-stream"> -Brian -----Original Message----- From: Dan Haley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 3:19 PM To: CF-Talk Subject: RE: MIME type question Ooops, committed that most horrible of sins and didn't read the question closely enough to see the "upload". On my server (CF4.5/W2K), cffile.contenttype and cffile.contentsubtype show "application" and "octet-stream" when I upload a .csv file. Hmmm. Dan -----Original Message----- From: Brian Ferrigno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 11:50 AM To: CF-Talk Subject: RE: MIME type question Mosh, Yes, I am trying to put csv in the accept field of the cffile tag. None of the accept types I have tried already seem to work...and i've tried just about every combination (text/x-csv, text/csv, application/csv, application/csv, application/msexcel, application/excel, application/x-msexcel, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/x-excel) I'm able to upload excel files perfectly using application/vnd.ms-excel as the accept value but just can't seem to get csv to work. The only thing I can think of is that the host I have my website located on doesn't have .csv in the registry as a mime type. -Brian -----Original Message----- From: Mosh Teitelbaum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 2:27 PM To: CF-Talk Subject: RE: MIME type question Just out of curiosity, what does "doesn't work" mean in your context? What are you trying to do? I'm assuming you're trying to place the mime-type in the ACCEPT attribute. Are you trying to accept CSV but deny MS Excel format? -- Mosh Teitelbaum evoch, LLC Tel: (301) 625-9191 Fax: (301) 933-3651 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] WWW: http://www.evoch.com/ > -----Original Message----- > From: Brian Ferrigno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:42 PM > To: CF-Talk > Subject: RE: MIME type question > > > That doesn't work either. > > I'm using this list for starters: > ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/media-types. I was > hoping there was one they missed. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Rob Rohan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:50 PM > To: CF-Talk > Subject: RE: MIME type question > > > text/plain ? > > -----Original Message----- > From: Brian Ferrigno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 9:29 AM > To: CF-Talk > Subject: MIME type question > > > Does anyone know what MIME type a .csv file would have? I am trying to > upload a csv file using the CFFILE tag and can't seem to find the right > type. > > The list of MIME types i've tried so far > text/x-csv,text/csv,application/csv,application/msexcel,applicatio > n/excel,ap > plication/x-msexcel,application/vnd.ms-excel,application/x-excel > > Thanks for any help. > > > Brian > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq Signup for the Fusion Authority news alert and keep up with the latest news in ColdFusion and related topics. http://www.fusionauthority.com/signup.cfm

