Hi,

When my site was quite new, I had no problems in sending out a mailing
list using <Cfmail> in 4.5 - but as the userbase grew, cfmail couldn't
cope.  Problems started once I'd reached just 100 members, so I had to
look into an alternative newsletter solution.  (I still use Gordano's
mailing list software in their suite of products which is very fast, but
doesn't have any ability to integrate itself with a DB like Cfmail)

I know some people in cf-talk had no problems with cfmail in 4.5 but,
IIRC, the general consensus was that it wasn't as fast as it could have
been, especially a) on a shared server and b) on a server not built for
dedicated mass-mailings.

I've nearly finished re-writing my site for production on a MX server
(running IIS I believe...), and was wondering what - if any -
performance difference there is in cfmail.  Has anyone who once had
cfmail probs in 4.5 found MX's cfmail more reliable / fast?  I'd really
like to send out a personalised email to all my members when the site is
re-launched (about 4500) in one go - is this wise?  Should I look into
running a scheduled task for my newsletters whereby it sends x
records/minute? (or perhaps surnames A-D, then E-G etc)?

Any thoughts much appreciated

Will